Finally made my reappearance at the gym. It had been weeks literally. Definitely something you shouldn't be hearing from someone claiming to be trying to get in shape and squeeze into a wedding dress. But, clearly, I'm dedicated.
As for my experiment, it's something I've been cooking up and wanting to try. And perhaps, for the first trip back, it was a little ambitious. Here's what I wanted to attempt, and mind you, this is after a 30 minute weight-session with the trainer:
2000 meter row
6 mile bike
2 mile run
I managed to get through the weights, the row and the bike. My ambition started to fade after that. No run for me. I was going for a mini-triathlon of sorts, without the complicated logistics of a swim... hence the rowing. I was close, and all-in-all, not bad for the first day back. I return tonight with renewed spirit and energy, and will once again try to tackle the tri. All I can say is wish me luck, and I hope today is not a leg day on the weights.
My diet's been darn close to on track. For yesterday:
Breakfast: Fat-free Greek yogurt with fresh strawberries and a hint of honey
Lunch: Turkey breast with roasted vegetables and avocado
Dinner: Mexican night out - handful of chips and salsa, fajitas with mostly the good-for-you stuff, and a cerveza because it's what you do when you ditch your run and go have Mexican!
Today so far:
Breakfast: Chicken sausage, sauteed spinach, the last of the strawberries
Lunch: Turkey breast, avocado, and an orange
Tomorrow, another date with destiny... er, my dress. Yet another fitting. I hope my days of slothing and eating don't take their toll!
72 days until I do!
No comments:
Post a Comment