But... yesterday, I did it! I dusted off the running shoes, and got out there and ran a whopping... wait for it... 2.5 miles!
Yes, I know this is less than spectacular, but the fact I was outside, shoes on, and moving, is a major moral victory. We had some afternoon showers, which cooled things off to a balmy 85 degrees and probably 99 percent humidity. It was terribly sticky, but I did it. I realize as I was mid run, I have seriously gotten out of shape. I used to be able to run 3 miles no sweat, no pun intended. I'm not one of those girls who simply glistens, unless you consider sweat dripping down my face glistening.
2.5 miles was hard. Now granted, I'm still feeling the ill affects of the masochistic massage therapist I had the pleasure of crossing paths with last weekend. Every muscle felt like it had been ripped from the bone. I thought these things are supposed to be relaxing (apparently not). But the massage can't be the only thing to blame, I have definitely let myself go a bit. I am not conditioned to running in the heat. The sauna outside was nearly enough on it's own to send me back into the cool A/C. And my ability to tolerate cardio for more than 10-15 minutes, seems to have deteriorated drastically. I was huffing and puffing. But, I'm turning the corner again. Remotivated for the time being, and hopefully, taking advantage of it! Tonight, I have training at the gym, then off to try a little experiment. More to come...
Even my diet's gotten a little better:
Breakfast today:
One egg scrambled
Handful fresh strawberries
Half of avocado
74 days til I do!
1 comment:
I was right there with ya! I think I did about 3.25 miles and I was huffing and puffing by the end!
Post a Comment