Traveling always puts a kink in my good habits. It's hard to stay on track while living in a hotel room, hanging out in airports, and meeting with customers. Good thing is lately I only travel about once a month. One overnight trip. That was me this week, and I did well sort of, until the wheels fell off. Diet wise I had a few indiscretions, but I did manage to put together a quick impromptu work out in my hotel room. I was proud of the bit of resourcefulness. When I travel overnight, I pack light. There isn't any room for work out gear and running shoes. The hotel fitness center would have made sense, but I wasn't equipped for that.
So here's what I pulled off:
4 rounds of
10 burpees
15 squats
1 minute plank (a couple of these turned into 45 seconds... I have to admit)
My diet for the trip:
Day 1
Breakfast: Chicken apple sausage with sauteed squash and zucchini
Lunch: Leftover chicken tenders and green beans
Dinner (at the airport): Chef salad with just a hint of blue cheese dressing (I tried to avoid most of the bacon)
Late night snack: Nonfat Chai Latte and a piece of pumpkin loaf from Starbucks* (I was tired from traveling and craving some comfort food)
Day 2
Breakfast: Lara bar
Lunch: Gone Greek! Hummus, pita, gyros and Greek salad*
Snack: M&M's on the plane (One of my weaknesses)
Dinner: Sushi
Yeah, there were definitely some kinks in the plan. I was proud of the workout. The sole motivator at that point was the dress. Next fitting is this week!
Days til 'I do' - 90!
No comments:
Post a Comment