Monday, October 20, 2008
Victory is mine
It was a long and arduous battle, but I knew if I stayed focused I could do it. I could defeat my enemy. That container of mini chocolate chip cookies just staring at me, mocking me. I showed them. They are no longer, and I... I'm totally, completely dissatisfied with my behavior. This is expected, given my track record. I have no will power. This is why there is generally no junk food in the house. I have no self control. I must rise up and defeat the bag of chips or candy or cookies, or how about that pint of ice cream? Yeah, I should know better than to allow that stuff across my threshold. It's not like I can ignore it, or throw it away. Oh no. I must consume every last bit. I tell myself, once it's gone I can refocus. Get back on track. But until it's gone, I can't do anything but think about it. It's all consuming. Well, the junk is officially gone now. I can get back on track. Now I know why I'm training for the marathon... to undo that pint of ice create, bag of chips, handful of candy, and bucket of mini chocolate cookies.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment