Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Oops!

So I've tried to regroup and refocus on my training efforts this week. It was and continues to be much needed. I'm beyond midpoint of the marathon training schedule, and without a doubt, have burned out. Well, at one point last night I decided that I would hit the treadmill (the path of least resistance in my mind) for a quick 30 minute run. Start to finish, warm up to cool down, 30 minutes. That's it. I figured it was more important to do any amount of running regularly during the week, than focus on running 4 miles here, 6 miles there... Right now, I just need to keep moving. Once I've conquered that, I'll work on distance. So last night, I did my blitz run on the treadmill, and was quite satisfied with myself. All day today I've been telling myself that tonight there'd be more of the same. So, what do I do? Come home, make dinner, enjoy a little down time, and oops, did I mention sip two glasses of wine? Hmmm. That's going to be a challenge to follow up with a 30 minute anything other than couch sittin'. Yeah, I'm motivated...

No comments: