I'm sitting here thinking that I can't remember the last time I cried. It's been many months. They say running triggers endorphins, those feel good hormones. Perhaps that why I've been in a such a good mood the last few months. Well tonight, that ended. I saw something that brought tears to my eyes. I was catching up on my friends' latest goings on by reading their blogs. While I hate this electronic media, I do find that it's much easier to keep up with everyone with just the click of a mouse.
One of my favorites blogs to read is that of a college friend. She and her husband (also a friend from college) have one of those picture perfect marriages and the cutest little girl to go along with it. Well, the first post on their blog began with a cute family picture complete with the four-legged member of the family. Bailey, their dog. I remember when they got him back when we were all in school. It was a popular decision in our college years. So popular in fact that most of my friends, myself included, acquired four-legged friends while we were in school.
My most recent birthday is just another reminder of how many years ago those college years were. Time doesn't stand still for us or our beloved pets. I saw my friend a couple of weeks ago and she mentioned that sweet Bailey was diagnosed with cancer, and tonight's photo was the last complete family photo with him. Just the thought brings tears to my eyes again, and I can't decide why this is. Is it because I knew what a great dog he was and how my friend and her family loved him? Or, is it because I know some day I too will be facing the same situation with my four-legged friends? It's heart wrenching to think about. To have those sweet, unfaltering, loyal souls taken from our lives.
1 comment:
OMG, don't get me started...that's a cryfest that won't be able to be stopped....
Post a Comment