Saturday, March 1, 2008

The beginning of the end

It's a slow Saturday morning, my favorite kind, and I'm sipping my coffee and easing into the day. Last night was a girl's night. The plan had been formulated early in the day, morning if I'm not mistaken. A friend of mine was on a men are socially inept rant, and a couple of us were more than willing to join her. Look at me. I'm an expert on the men are socially inept rant. I actually initiated the talks of going out. It has been all week, since I've heard from my guy. This is the pattern these days. After Monday, I don't hear from him all week until about 5 o-clock Friday when he calls to see if I'll join him for dinner or drinks. And, up until now, I always answer his call, and I always am available. This week I decided I'm not going to be available. No last minute planning for this girl, so the location was set and out on the town we rolled. And promptly at 10:30, we were back. Party animals we were not, but we still had a good time.

So, slightly later than expected, I got the call. It was near 7 pm, and of course being technically challenged, I haven't figured out my new cell phone. So he couldn't leave a voice message because I don't know how to set it up, at least that's the excuse I'm going with. Now if it were me and I'm trying to get a hold of someone and I couldn't leave a message for whatever reason, I would try back later and perhaps more than once. Did he? Of course not. So clearly, he wasn't that interested in seeing me, and was just giving me the courtesy call. I'm so over this behavior. This is what leads me to believe this weekend might be the beginning of the end. I really have no motivation to call him, so really is it possible for this relationship to keep on keeping on? He won't call. I'm sure he'll be busy working or too self-absorbed to bother thinking about me. Ahh, this is such a healthy outlook! Ironically, the season finale to that most horrific show that we watch together is on Monday. Could the timing have been any better?

No comments: