Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Craigslist Craze

Holy cow! Less than 36 hours after I posted a heap of both useless and useful things on craigslist, everything was gone. It's utterly amazing. What's frustrating about the things I was selling is the fact that I'm totally convinced I could have gotten more money for them. There was no negotiating. People were more than willing to give me what I was asking... telltale signs that money was left on the table. Better luck next time. Now as for the endless supply of things I was giving away, I'm thoroughly amazed what people will take. As a friend of mine said, one man's trash... Oh, it is so true. Now there is still plenty laying around that I neither gave away nor sold. In fact, as I was piling this stuff in a box to give away, I came to the general conclusion that I need to have a garage sale. My first ever. Weekend after next. Time to fish or cut bait. Everything must go. All dark depths of closets with be cleaned out. The clutter will be sold or donated. This should be a cleansing process. That, and truly exhausting.

No comments: