Thursday, May 15, 2008
Changes in Attitude
A good attitude is not by coincidence but by choice. I am reminded of a bumper sticker my father prominently displayed on the refrigerator during my teenage years. Keep a good attitude. It's a very simple sentiment, but to a moody adolescent, it's a lost cause. Fast forward 10-20 some odd years... I'm not sure just how many it really has been, and I really don't want to be reminded right now. But it's been several to say the least, and at this stage of my life, I have no excuse. A good attitude is absolutely by choice, all legal (and illegal) mood enhancing drugs aside. I am in control of my own circumstances. If something is not working I can change it. Well, that's all well and good, but putting it into practice is another thing. Over the years, I have been both personally and professionally unsatisfied, and I have done very little about it. Thankfully, professionally, things have taken a fantastic turn for the better. I hate that I have to keep reminding myself of that fact on those days where I find myself grumbling at the office. Luckily they are fewer and farther between, but to tie me over between good days, I have found a new solution. Running! After an exquisitely tough run last night, I found myself on this ridiculous runner's high all day today. I was like a giddy school girl at the office. I was on cloud nine, and there was nothing anyone could do to derail that. It's a lovely thing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment