Or not as the case may be. I have been given a reprieve and a bit more fuel to add to the I-am-a-hypochondriac fire. I made my way to the orthopedic yesterday, and after a series of x-rays and poking and prodding, discovered that there's nothing wrong with me. Awesome. This takes me back to a running stint a few years ago when I was convinced I had hip problems. Another trip to another specialist (surely I'm not to blame for our rising healthcare costs!). What did he tell me? The pain I was describing was not near my hips and get thee to a physical therapist. Uh, yeah... Innocent mistake.
I know I'm not completely out of my mind. I have been running in pain the last couple of months, but I'm beginning to think I'm a complete wimp. God help me if I ever face child birth. My mother after talking to one of her running friends told me that I simply need to tough it out. Plus a little ice, ice, and more ice baby. Alright, I've mentally embraced my limitations. I know I won't be breaking any land speed records, and I know it won't come easy. But in the end, I know I can do it.
So last night I went to pull the trigger. To register for the marathon online. And what to my wondering eyes should appear? Online registration is closed. If I'm going to run this event, I must go to the expo race day weekend and sign up in person. Yet another hurdle. The way I see it this event and all of its many hurdles are character building, and by the end of it, I'll have the toughest in town.
Less than two weeks to go... plenty of time to think, and rethink, and rethink it again...
No comments:
Post a Comment