That's my nickname for that little town out west. The MLB team where I grew up has a farm team out there. Listening to the sports report on the news I'd always hear mention of AAA Tucson. So, it kind of stuck. Little did I know that I'd narrowly miss calling that place home.
My first job out of university announced a shut down and relo 3 months into my stay. Only the chosen ones would be offered a position to move with the company, and only the really special chosen ones would be offered a position in AAA Tucson, insert mild sarcasm here. It was 10 years ago nearly to the day when I received an offer to move to AAA Tucson. As thrilling an idea as it was, I couldn't fathom picking up and relocating to a city and state where I knew no one. I had family and friends in Texas, and while I wasn't a native of Texas, as the saying goes, I got there as soon as I could... more mild sarcasm... sort of.
I wasn't prepared to pick up and leave all that was familiar and comfortable behind. So, I began the job search, and in good time, found a position at my current company. Hard to believe it's nearly been 10 years. I've come a long way since then, and it's had it's fair share of ups and downs. But, I can honestly look at my position right now and say I am happy. Well, except for one thing.
AAA Tucson. It comes full circle. Business brings me here, and I finally got a chance to see the place that I could have called home. I made the right decision.
No comments:
Post a Comment