Saturday, January 24, 2009

Stirring

As I approach the end of the saga, I see the moment when I can finally put the books down and not be drawn towards them anymore. The physical aspect of this struggle will be simple to overcome. I will know how the story ends. And I will be able to turn my back and walk away. It's the emotional side that will be much more difficult to ignore.

This story has stirred something inside me. Feelings of longing, wanting, hoping. And memories. Memories that haunt me to this day. A love story. Simple and pure, and as the pages are turned, unfaltering. Ever present if you will yourself to believe. To have faith. To trust. To find that is rare. Life-altering. A fairy tale. This story gave me a glimpse inside that fairy tale and the dark abyss when it's gone. Except he comes back. It is a fairy tale after all. If only life imitated art.

No comments: