Friday, September 19, 2008

Blasphemy

Blasphemy! Blasphemy! Blasphemy! Never get comfortable in a relationship. Because the moment you're all smug and thinking you've got this one figured out, you never hear from him again. Really. That's how it works. That's what happens. At least that's how it happens to me. Not a word for nearly a week, and for several weeks before that, it really was hit or miss. He was busy. People do get busy. He's important. He does very important things for work. That's what he fed me, and I was eating it up. But now, sitting on the other side of the collapse, I can see clearly. He just wasn't that into me. Oh how I hate that line! That whole episode of SATC just sucked, and how that Greg Behrendt character created a cult following based solely on that line is completely ridiculous. As if it were a new age of enlightenment. Please. Regardless, the fact remains. He has lost interest. When did it become socially acceptable to completely drop communication with someone without so much as an explanation? Is it too much to ask for a simple "I'm sorry, this isn't going to work." I thought with age, a certain degree of maturity came along, especially in the realm of relationships. Apparently not. This one hadn't one ounce of common courtesy. Blasphemy. No way that was magic that I spoke of before. Couldn't have been. Wow, I'm in such a lovely mental state.

No comments: